Thursday 1 March 2012

Joe's Kitchen - Bt Merah

Hello!!! How many of you out there love Thai Food? If you do then please read on! (:

Joe's Kitchen is a little Thai restaurant tucked away under some HDBs in Bt Merah. Its the kind of restaurant you would walk past without even giving it a second glance. I'm glad my friend brought me there for dinner, because I know if he didn't, I'd be missing out big time!



It's time to order!


Still CNY at Joe's Kitchen.

Ok here's our food!


This is the Thai Style Kang Kong - I don't know what makes it Thai Style but who cares, it's delicious! PLUS, there's lots of garlic!!!! I loveeeee garlic! 


Seafood Tom Yum Soup - Loved the soup but not too excited about the seafood. The fish and sotong was too fishy for my liking. The straw mushroom and prawns were good though! 


Chicken Green Curry! I'm normally not a fan of green curry, but I really liked this one! Order it, you won't regret it!


This is my favourite dish of the evening - Honey Chicken. 
OMG. This honey chicken is freaking awesome.
The guys almost finished up the entire plate of sauce!
YUM!!!!!!
I feel like going back there this weekend just for the honey chicken. LOL!

Now our drinks!


My Thai Iced Tea - I was kinda of disappointed with it because it was quite diluted :( No rich milk tea taste!
SIGH.


The guys' Lime Juice - according to them, it tasted like it came from a can or dispenser. Means no good.

Their drinks are just normal. Nothing fantastic.


Jun Ping, he brought us there! Good recommendation!


GD & I


Lastly, Mango Sticky Rice!!! My all time favourite dessert! It was really satisfying! The rice was soft, coconut was creamy and the mango was sooooo sweet! I was very happy!


 Price: 
I'm sorry guys, I can't remember the individual prices but I know that the total bill came up to $50, and according to JunPing, they don't do service charge (bonus!!!) (:

The Meal:
I really enjoyed every dish (Except the drinks)! I like how some restaurants like this one look so unassuming from the outside but serve kick ass food. 
No frills, no fancy plating but still good quality food.

The Ambience:
Well, its a just a basic restaurant. Not fancy at all.

The Service:
The service was not bad. The lady who served us was quite pleasant.

Overall:
This place is definitely worth a visit. I'm pretty sure you will go back for more after that. 

Address:
Look below please! 



That's all for now! Have a good day at work/school tmr, and party hard tmr night!
TGIF people!!! (:

Love,
Huiyi

1 comment:


  1. Hi, I do believe your blog could possibly be having web browser compatibility issues. Whenever I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, fantastic site!visit my web blog..best online betting sitesThanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this matter here on your site.

    ReplyDelete